Monday 4 September 2017

S9.318B - Meme Nostalgia



I decided that if the "distracted boyfriend" meme was still around on Labour Day weekend that I'd do something with it. (Here's the history behind said meme, if you weren't aware. Hey, I've tackled a meme before.)

I feel like this image works on a few levels:
1. Society and Statistical Literacy believe they are getting along just fine, until Mathematics Education enters the picture.
2. Society wants to return to Mathematics Education as it used to be ("rules based"?), while Statistical Literacy begs to differ.
3. Society is nostalgic for the days when Mathematics Education was cosine curves, not Statistics.
Here's a good TED Talk to watch next.

Also, I've launched my comic on the Tapas site! From the start, so now's your chance to subscribe and see all the early strips three times per week. Thanks for reading here, at the least.

<<FIRST <LAST WK (unlisted!) NEXT WK> END>>

COSINE (labelled "20th Century Mathematics Education") is being checked out by RECI (labelled "Information Society") to the chagrin of PARAB (labelled "Statistical Literacy").

No comments:

Post a Comment