Monday 14 August 2017

S9.316 - L'Attitude



There’s 360 degrees of longitude running east-west (180 each direction, with the prime meridian), but only 180 degrees of latitude running north-south (90 up and down plus the equator). The fact that her stripes are N-S yet horizontal tends to mix me up, am I the only one? (It doesn't help that I confuse east-west.)

<<FIRST <LAST WK INDEX NEXT WK> END>>

LATTI: Hello! Need a tour guide?
HYPER: Does everyone in geography wear stripes?
LONGU: No, it’s a longitude and latitude thing.
LATTI: Call me Latti!
LONGU: Did your group want anything specific?
QLOGAN: We’re from math. We seek Ana Lemma.
(Longu & Latti react)
LONGU: I’ll take them.
LATTI: No, you’d bring them full circle. Latitude only has range 180.

2 comments:

  1. Hoping for some projection humor up coming...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, spoilers! In fact, I do have a planned reference to making accurate maps. And "Projection" is too good of a multi-meaning word to pass up. ;) Thanks for the comment, appreciated as always!

      Delete