Tuesday 1 August 2017

S9.314 - Who's the Bos?



Analogies can be interesting, if imperfect. I know MTBoS doesn't have a president (its power and its pitfall), but my comic does, after the 2016 Twitter vote (that most didn't connect to this blog).

For my two regular readers who don't know the connection, this video by Jason Slowbe from last week clarifies that's not a typo in the title. For my two regular readers who know the connection, better believe I revised this dialogue many times, hope it's taken in the right spirit. I think that's everyone out there?
Oh, for anyone discovering my secret club for the first time, the hairstyles are the graphs (that's the whole point) and also check out Jason's video if you haven't already.

<<FIRST <LAST WK INDEX NEXT WK> END>>

QUINN: As part of our math tourism plot, let's change the comic name. How do you pronounce ~Qs? Not Cues? Q Bars? Bah.
(QPARA reads TMC clipboard.)
QUINN: I bet even math people don't get the irrational pun! We're like some secret club here.
QPARA: People are welcome to join us here, or not... we do try.
QUINN: Except our whole point is to be maths inclusive. And funny.
QPARA: One personification cannot decide for our whole comic.
QUINN: I'm fixing community issues. I have DATA backing me up. I'll change, you don't need to join me.
QPARA: Um, we're in the SAME COMIC.
QUINN: So who chooses our name now, readers?
QSINE: I'm still the president.

2 comments:

  1. My jaw was dropping slowly as I read through. When people first join the comic they can use one name, and then later when they're a cool kid use the original name. I don't which kind of reader I am, can you tell? Also, missed you at TMC. Next year in Cleveland?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... hoping the jaw drop was in a good way, not a 'how dare he go there' way. (I don't know about cool, I don't think I've called this thing "Taylor's Polynomials" since the reboot, so the analogy breaks down again. No plans to rename either, that's why I didn't have Quinn actually suggest something, for fear readers would prefer it. Also figured Quinn was a better choice than Versine.)

      I had you pegged as a reader who understood the current connection. ;) Nice to be missed, finances and timing didn't really allow it. Will have to play next year by ear too, but I hope we can connect up again! Thanks so much for the comment.

      Delete