Wednesday 6 November 2013

S6.189 - Add a Love Trace



The Story So Far: The personified math-tans have been cast out of mathematics. Seeking probability in order to return, Logan and his crew made it to Fractal City - but not without cost. As his group try to understand the fractal inhabitants, the other mathematical relations struggle to come to terms with the repercussions of losing a primary function.

"You said THAT?" QT gasped, trying to figure out if she was delighted or concerned.

"Radik was acting like an asymptote," ParaB grunted. "Toeing the line of decency." They were both in her hotel room later that afternoon, the bunny girl leaning back against the headboard of the bed. QT was lying next to her on the mattress, the catgirl's head nestled in ParaB's lap. The conic idly stroked her fingers through some of the polynomial's blonde hair as she spoke. "Trouble is, everyone knew his conjecture was valid."


At what point does the intersection of
parabola and quartic become obvious?
QT heaved a little sigh. "Yeah. We should stop this."

"No."

The quartic function blinked, and uncurled herself to look up at her lover. "That's a first. I thought we'd accepted that we were just using each other?"

"True," ParaB said, ceasing her hair stroking. "But it's not logical for us to continue saying we should stop, when it's become apparent that we're not going to. Not so long as you keep wearing that wonderful perfume, at any rate."

QT blinked. "I don't wear perfume."

ParaB sighed. "I know."

At first, the polynomial stared in confusion, then she felt her cheeks get warm. "Oh."

"That said," ParaB continued, "it creates a new problem. I don't THINK the others will judge our choices - well, aside from Radik - but we're now past the point of being able to bring it up in any manner that's not awkward."

QT scooted up on the bed to sit next to ParaB. "I suppose marching into a meeting and saying 'Hi guys, we're lesbians now!' is not the best approach, huh?"

"Are we lesbians?" ParaB challenged. "You still like guys, right? Because, you know, so do I. Like guys." She rubbed her forehead. "I'm not explaining myself very well."

QT bit down lightly on her lip. "I'm sorry. Was trying to be funny. If... if it helps, hearing you say we shouldn't stop has made me want to hold you in my arms."

"Well, then by all means, do that," ParaB said. Far too hastily, at least in her own opinion, so as QT wrapped her arms around the bunny's shoulders, she changed the subject. "By the way, that elevator encounter of yours, I'll mention it to the others before our next meeting with Julia, if that's okay."

"Oh yeah, that's fine," QT assured, nuzzling her head in near ParaB's neck as she hugged tight. "In fact, I was going to tell everyone myself, as a sort of apology for completely missing the meeting."

"Great. I'll try to make sure you wake up on time in the future too." Pause. "So anything in my recap of our talking points give you ideas?"


"No..." the catgirl murmured. "Something else is giving me ideas though." She nosed in against the bunny's head, and one hand disengaged to trace over the conic's curves.

Silence stretched on for a while then, with ParaB unsure of what to say. With a shiver, she finally settled for, "Not... not there."

"Mrr, we have before. Why not now?"

ParaB found her fingers gliding through QT's hair again. "I... I have no good answer for that. Carry on." The two of them ended up late for dinner.


<— PREVIOUS INDEX 6 NEXT —>

No comments:

Post a Comment