Wednesday 24 July 2013

S5.170 - Magic Tricks

<- PREV      INDEX

"So it's rather important I get back there, to make sure 'Evvi isn't causing more trouble!" Sine finished.

"I'll go too, to bring my sister in line," Maud offered.

"And me, to check up on Cosecant!" Secant declared.

"Whoa, hold on!" ArcSin said, spreading his arms wide. "According to the laws of physics, this is impossible. We would have no idea how to do it again!"

"Ha! Things are only impossible until they're not!" Hyper countered with a smug grin.

"Ooh, dueling Captain Picard quotes," Elly said bridging her hands and resting her chin upon them.

Hyper glanced over at her fellow conic. "You want quotes? Here's another. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them, into the impossible!"

"Hey, Arthur C. Clarke," Cubi recognized.

"Yes!" Hyper said in delight.  "His... wait, no, wasn't his third." She waved her hands back and forth. "Nevermind that, nevermind that now. I say, from this point on, I am no longer a mad scientist. I am... a madgical girl!!" She posed dramatically.


MAGIC!
"One who will get us onto Logan's ship?" Expona said pointedly, in the ensuing silence.

"Of course! Don't you know anything about magic?" Hyper said, shaking her fist in the air.

"Okay, hold up," Cosine said. "Nisano might have a point. The cone only fits two anyway, so how about we keep transit to one at a time, just to be on the safe side."

The hyperbola hesitated.  "Euh. Maybe. I would hate to create a composite function by accident."

"Easy for you to say, Cos, your twin is back!" Secant protested. She looked at Hyper. "I want priority here!"

"No. The function who goes back first should be me," Sine reiterated, crossing her arms. "I'm the only one in here who currently has access codes to the Gazebo's logs. I could even initiate an emergency shutdown upon arrival."

"We can always call Logan first, to check on the situation," Maud pointed out.


"We could if Hyper hadn't wrecked the communications gear during her earlier rant," Nisano remarked, from where he was now sulking off to the side.

"Bah, just get Para to link up with her counterpart then," Expona declared.

"Yeah, about that..." Nat began, clearing his throat. "Para's experiencing some difficulties due to ParaB. She said she wants to be left alone. Elly and I think she could be in real trouble. Sine, you should ask ParaB about that."

Expona made a face. "Oh great, why is it things are always about her?"

"Look, no problem here," Hyper asserted. "The Cone works both ways simultaneously. I'll just keep activating it on our end until someone on the other side transitions a message back, telling me to stop."

The math expressions exchanged glances, and despite some hesitation, there was general agreement to that plan. Mainly because not even Elly anticipated the ensuing explosion.


<— PREVIOUS INDEX 5 NEXT —>

No comments:

Post a Comment