Wednesday 8 May 2013

S5.151 - Hot Stuff

<- PREV                           INDEX

The blue gazebo hit the ground of the quarry and bounced once, spinning around in the air twice before finally coming to rest, sheared slightly to the left. There was a momentary pause, then the trap door in the middle banged open, allowing the mathematical relations in Logan's base to emerge from the subscript.


Cosecant came out first, glancing around before giving the all clear. "Thank goodness, cooler air," Sine gasped, pulling at the collar of her shirt as she emerged next. She looked back down. "ParaB, you coming?"

"Mmm. I think I'd be of more use down here," the bunny conic called back. "While Radik is repairing any burned out components, I can construct a new gelpack. With some help from QT, that is. There's biological components."

The primary trig function nodded. "Okay, approved. Just keep an eye on the environmental temperature readings. I wouldn't want you two girls getting overheated."

"Don't worry, I'll pay close attention to QT's hotness." There was a pause. "That came out wrong."

"Did it?" came Radik's barely audible mumble.


Sine's forehead creased slightly, but before she could follow up, Hevvi was climbing out through the hatch. "Alright, finally a land that's not a steppe!" she said in delight. "Let's explore."

"Who said you were coming?" Cosecant challenged.

"The fact that I have the power to turn on functions, thereby changing your opinion with a wink of my eye?" Heaviside countered. She placed her hands on her hips. "A cynic might even say that the only reason you haven't confined me to quarters after the gelpack incident, like you did with Flora and Signum, is so that you can keep an eye on me."


"'Evvi could be useful," Sine admitted to her security officer. "We'll keep an open comm frequency with Logan on the bridge."

"Hmph. Very well," the reciprocal trig yielded. "But have someone sound the alarm down there if they no longer hear 'Evvi breathing."


<— PREVIOUS INDEX 5 NEXT —>

2 comments:

  1. Now I know what to do if I eat something too hot - drink like a fish. I'm on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as the website suggests, milk is better than water. (Comment looked like a non sequitur until I remembered that I was measuring the quartic's hotness on the Scoville Scale.)

      Delete